This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sendai Block is Really Finished

This is the block after I have worked some more Bamboo on the left hand side, thanks to Gerry's wonderful suggestion and the gold work on the Crane completed.  It will be winging it's way to Leslie in America before the day is done, (the block, not the Crane, LOL).

12 comments:

Laurie said...

Viv it's absolutely beautiful, stunning, perfect!! The bamboo in the corner was definitely the finishing touch!!

Rose Anne B said...

That is soooooo beautiful!!! Yes I LOVE that palm on the left side!

Cathy said...

Viv, that is THE PERFECT block. I don`t even have enough adjectives to describe it! YOU ROCK!! Hugs, Cathy K

Momma Bear said...

It's lovely!

Viv and Eddie said...

Thanks Girls.....I have to admit that I am glad that DH has just gone to the post office to post it off to Leslie. Now I can't make anymore changes, even if I wanted to, LOL. Seriously, it was a challenge to do as well as a lot of fun but I am glad that it is finished and posted. It was beginning to stress me out!!

Ati said...

Viv it is amazing, what a difference! beautiful !!

crafty cat corner said...

Hi Viv
You've made a stunning block there, I particularly like the fish, maybe because I am Pisces. lol
Must do some fish somtime.
Briony
x

Bear said...

Viv
its just so perfectly bewdiful!! I cant point to one piece that I prefer over another piece I keep looking and just loving it all oh Viv GORJUS!
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxo

Mosaic Magpie said...

Viv,
Saw your block on Gerry's blog. It is absolutly beautiful. The fish are WOW!
Deb

Mánya said...

Gorgeous!!!

pineapple_ing said...

STUNN~ING!!!:)

Heikki said...

Hi Viv! I saw the suggestion Gerry told. It really works! Amazing work all the block!

Hugs!
Ritva