This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Monday, June 06, 2011

Spring in Valley block, Mark 2

After Gerry's suggestions on how to improve block seventeen, I changed the tiny sun for a much larger one and outlined the flower in the corner with a fine gold thread.  I didn't have another butterfly so I added the roses and leaves to the right of the gold grape charms.  Gerry, you were spot on once again, it looks much better now.

4 comments:

Bear said...

Viv-
Gerrys' suggestions were so spot on werent they?? Its really opened up the block - hey would you like a few butterflies I have so many at present and would love to donate something to your wonderful blocks let me know
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxoxoxo

Gerry Krueger said...

Absolutely perfect...and what special treat for me to get to comment on your gorgeous work... Gerry K.

Rose Anne B said...

Just lovely and that Gerry sure is one smart lady!!! I'm very glad you are happy with your block as I think all tone on tone blocks would be OK in your quilt, just might have to juggle placement to mix things up. :)

Hugs Rose Anne

Mánya said...

Gorgeous!

Hugs, Annamaria