This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Christmas Tree



Having chatted in the Worldwidecrazyquilters chat room this morning - well, after having worked out to post messages, LOL, the girls were talking about crazy quilted Christmas tree skirts.  I said mine would have to be huge to cover the base of the tree but actually the base of the tree is only about two feet across so it wouldn't have to be more than 3 ft across at the most.  I said I would post pictures of the tree - here they are......the tree is actually 7ft tall to the very tip of the top although it doesn't look it here.  The grandkids decorated the bottom of the tree with unbreakable ornaments then DH and I did the top half with glass and crystal ones.  The reason the tree is outside under the patio (remember it would be very, very unusual if it rained here in Perth over Christmas) is that it takes up so much floor space inside.  The tree measures about 8ft across the bottom branches. So, how big should I make the wedges for the Christmas tree skirt???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a good question Viv I will have to think on that......you were right it is a beautiful tree.....

Debbie said...

Viv, I will get my tree skirt out tomorrow and measure the size of the wedges for you, right now it<s time for bed..Debbie (Maine)