This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Crackers

The Southern Cross Crazies had a Christmas Cracker swap and the crackers are now winging their way to their new owners.  This was the fabulous swap, I loved making the cracker outers and stuffing the cardboard paper towel middles with goodies almost as much as I love receiving and opening my crackers from other people!!
These are the three crackers that I made and posted to Natascha  (Victorian), Faye (Autumn) and Maureen (Cream/Blues Victorian).
 
The first cracker that I received was from Natascha.  It was a bright and cheerful Christmas themed cracker and contained more Christmas stuff PLUS Natascha added a baby doll in a christening gown and a gorgeous china Rocking Horse for my dolls house.
 
This is the cracker, baby doll and rocking horse. Note the beetle on the top of the cracker - he is gorgeous, red and gold stitching with detached gold beaded wings.  Here is a close-up of the beetle.
 

 
 
 
This was the cracker opened - it contained Christmas fabrics, lots of gold trims and beads, red trim, a button and a fabulous assortment of Christmas patchwork material including the large Father Christmas cut-out.

My second cracker was received from Maureen in Victoria.  This one was a beautiful Victorian cracker and Maureen had also thought of my miniatures by including a round doily which will be perfect for a dolls house tablecloth and some very mini braid.
 
Maureen included lots of cream fabric, laces and pearl trim for my cream-on-cream quilt blocks, lots of pastel trinkets and buttons and beautiful frosted flower beads.  I am a very happy little vegemite at the moment!!

 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Calidore said...

Those crackers are just gorgeous Viv. You are lucky. Hope you and the family have a wonderful and very happy Christmas.

Blogger said...

Your Affiliate Money Printing Machine is ready -

And earning money online using it is as simple as 1 . 2 . 3!

Follow the steps below to make money...

STEP 1. Choose affiliate products the system will promote
STEP 2. Add push button traffic (it LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. See how the affiliate products system grow your list and upsell your affiliate products on it's own!

Do you want to start making money???

Click here to activate the system