This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Monday, March 14, 2005

Old fashioned Motifs using Bullion stitch Roses

This a new page from my Visual Journal where I have drawn various sized motifs all using Bullion stitch Roses along with other simple stitches such as Stem stitch, satin stitch and French or Colonial knots. The drawings are designed to be a reference for when I am doing crazy quilt blocks, especially for other people when I'm in a Round Robin. I've included corners, circles, long lengths designed to cover seams and individual Roses. The Roses have been highlighted with a bright pink pen. Some of these motifs were taken from sources such as original transfers, pictures of 1920s - 1940s baby clothes while others are my own ideas. The page can be printed out and glued into other VJs as a reference sheet so I hope someone else can find a use for them too.

Old fashioned Motifs using Bullion stitch Roses

3 comments:

arlee said...

You just have the best journal pages! Thanks for letting us "dip" into your "pool" for inspiration! :>

Mary-Frances said...

Ooooo! I love the drawings. Gosh, I need to get caught up on blogs...no wonder I haven't been inspired. Thanks for this (especially right after my silk ribbon embroidery class!!)

Melissa G said...

Thank you for sharing this.