This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Randomly smocked patch on Catherine's DYB6 block

Catherine sent her six blocks for her DBY swap with 3 dimensional gathered, pleated and ruched patches included among the flat ones. This piece was a fairly large expanse of sheer green organza type material, gathered at both the top and the bottom. I used Anchor variegated green stranded cotton to randomly smock the gathers and added green glass beads as I did the smocking. When it was finished, it reminded me of a Lily Pond so I added the ribbon embroidered Water Lily and gold Dragonfly charm. I covered the black machine stitching line with dark green ribbon in split stitch. Isn't it funny how things look different in a photo than they do in the flesh. I think I might get rid of that "enormous" Dragonfly and replace it with a tiny little gold frog.
Random smocked block on Catherine's DYB6 block.

No comments: