This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Farewell Pugsley


I feel so sad to say goodbye to Pugsley tonight but he was over fifteen years old, had heart problems and lately, fluid on the lungs which made it very difficult for him to breathe. He has suffered a lot the last few days and I'm sure he will be glad of the release from the stress at last. He has gone to join our other gorgeous dog Winnie who used to look after Pugs when Pugsley was younger. Winnie died two years ago aged fourteen and a half. Here's a photo of our lovely boys, Winnie (short for Winston) and Pugsley. When I stop crying long enough, I'll get myself a stiff drink and try to remember the good times, of which there were thousands. Here they are,Winnie on the left, Pugsley on the right.

4 comments:

Shell said...

Hey! I just stumbled upon your blog and freakily enough I live in WA too! In the goldfields though. I love your crazy quilts, I really do. You're so talented. I'm no sewer but I do crochet, tat, knit, scrapbook etc. I am truly sorry on the loss of your much loved pet. And I don't at all think your ugly angel is ugly! (especially when I've seen cloth dolls truly hideous sell for big $$). Feel better, ok?
Michelle

Gerry said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your furbaby. I know it can be heart-wrenching. Take care, Vivienna.

Viv and Eddie said...

Thanks so much Michelle and Gerry. I really do appreciate your kindness and thoughts on the death of our lovely little mate, Pugsley. Hopefully he is now running around a wonderful park in doggy Heaven, sniffing every bush and tree and having a great time.....

Tesla said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I have a friend who lost her kitty, Kiwi, yesterday. I'm sure they are together at the Rainbow Bridge.