This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My very first sight of a Waratah

We don't have Waratahs in Western Australia so it was with great excitement that I spotted this bush growing across the road from the Three Sisters lookout in Katoomba. I always thought that the flowers would be hard and wiry but they are actually quite soft and more pinky-red than bright red. I am not used to taking photos of flowers so this was a real hit and miss attempt and for a change, it was a hit!! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mary on Norfolk Island said...

You girls sure had a wonderful time together. Wish I had been there! Love the picture of Annie and Sharon together. They are national trteasures, aren't they?
Love
Mary Rumbletum