This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Viv and Rick Rutherford

This was one of the highlights of my holiday - meeting my favourite magazine author, Rick Rutherford. Rick started out writing "Australian Country Collections", then moved on to writing "Rick Rutherford's Country". Now he is busy working on a web site and on-line shop which can be found at www.rickrutherford.com and he stocks all sorts of country items from quilts to wooden angels. Rick took Mary and me to a lovely little French cafe in Leura and treated us to coffee and tiny cakes. What started out as a serious conversation finished up in total hysteria as Rick and Mary both have the same wicked sense of humour. It was like the "Rick and Mary Show" for an audience of one, ie. me. I have to admit the laughter was getting a bit loud for such refined surroundings by the time we left. Posted by Picasa

No comments: