This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Block Seven completed

This was a difficult block for me to do as I didn't particularly like the naked block. The only starting point I had was the remnant of linen doily with the tatted edge and motif. By taking one seam at a time the block gradually took on a life of it's own and now that it is done, I like it. My favourite element of this block is the three antique ribbon flowers on the right hand side although the lace with the beaded edging at the lower left side is a piece from my Wedding dress so I guess that is a favourite too.

4 comments:

Bear said...

I actually liked the bare block and what you have done has only increased the love of this block compared to the others- ie we are all different arent we Viv
anyway cannot wait to see Block 8 finished
love n hugs bear xoxoxoxo

Rose Anne B said...

I think I also like the heart edging top right and then those charms add to the lovely laces and embroidery.

You are doing a SMASHING job on these blocks and I can't wait to see this totally finished!!!

piney cq said...

Tis gorgeous, Vivienne!! Soooo very elegant!

Pamela Kellogg said...

Viv, these blocks are just stunning!