This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Embroidered collar for 1950s Vogue Ginny


ginny050604extra 008
Originally uploaded by Crazydolldresser.
Ginny is only about 7 inches tall so the embroidery on this collar is really tiny. I used one strand of art silk for the Bullion roses, leaves and French knot flowers. This is the size I use for the embroidery in the middle of a crazy quilt patch whereas if I were covering a seam I would use two strands. The little dress was in cotton micro-check gingham with matching knickers and a white petticoat.

2 comments:

Froggie said...

I just found your blog thru Sharon's blog: "In A Minute Ago". I love your stitching! I have started making barbie clothes and quilts. I cross stitch and do all sorts of crafts. I have even started collecting vintage doll clothing patterns. Your site is wonderful. I added you to my blogroll so I can check back often.

Viv and Eddie said...

Thanks heaps for the nice comments. I'll be adding more photos of my Barbie, Baby Born, Ginny clothes as well as more crazy patchwork. I hope you get plenty of ideas from the photos.