This blog should be called "The Adventures of a Fabric Junkie!". I am passionate about fabric, threads, colours and textures. I can record my crazy quilting, sane quilting, embroidery and everything else that I consider important in my life.

Photo shows my block for the Hurricane Katrina fund-raising quilt "All That Jazz".

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Cream on Cream block 3 auto-corrected


Funny how these blocks develop a mind of their own sometimes. I dithered about where to put a gold fan charm, the bottom left corner or the top right corner??? The block told me to scrap the fan, it was too heavy, too gold........so I finished up putting an organdie flower and old gold fern leaves at the bottom and God forbid - sea horses and seaweed at the top. I had no intention of putting seaweed and sea horses anywhere at all on the block and yet, I'm happy with the result.

2 comments:

silkworm said...

Hi Vivienne,
Love your cream on cream blocks. So very special It will be a true heirloom when finished!!!
Maria V

Rose Anne B said...

I LOVE this autocorrected block it really shows the antique items beautifully!